Saturday, July 20, 2013

Here I am...

It is 2:50 am on a Saturday.  I remember going to sleep around 11:00 pm feeling a flood of emotions.  I was tired first and foremost and decided to go to bed earlier than usual rather than workout which I usually like doing at the end of my day.  I felt frustrated with how my day at home with my kids went.  I was stressed out about relationships and situations in life I could not change.

Maybe it was all of this that caused me to stay up after my 7 month old woke up for a brief feeding.  I usually have no trouble resuming sleep after nursing her for a bit but tonight my mind was a flutter.  It caused me to reach for my phone and look for inspiration.

Facebook was a dead end.  Obviously, when I checked it before falling asleep 3 hours ago how many updates could I possibly expect to find?

Surely not coincidentally, one of my favorite blogs had an update for me to read.  The website Becoming Minimanlist is one I love.  It frequently inspires me to be a better person by letting go of STUFF.  It has changed my life.

I am a severely flawed person and I seek to become better in many facets of my life.  For as long as I can remember my main goal in life was to be a good person.  I good mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend... Who ever I was to someone, I wanted to be good.  I fall short on a daily basis, but I want to be better.  I am hoping that documenting my struggles, my experiences and inspirations will help me to come closer to becoming the person I want to be.

Follow me as I seek clarity.  The best answers are usually clear and simple.






No comments:

Post a Comment