Monday, August 5, 2013

Everything I need to know I learned in Primary.

I am on my 4th calling in Primary.  (Sunday School for Children ages 4-12 in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)  I have even served in a Primary presidency before.  It's almost sad to me that I am just now realizing the joy and beauty of teaching children and how simple and clear the gospel is. 

Right now I am teaching a class of 5 and 6 year olds.  I am learning that when you learn about the gospel you don't have to be a scholar.  You don't have to have all of the answers or comprehend all of the doctrine.  You only need to be open to the teachings and have faith.  Like these sweet kids that I teach.  They soak up each lesson and never question whether what I'm saying is true or whether the stories I share really happened.  They just know.  Their testimonies are inspiring to me. 

The very best part of Primary for me though is the music.  I grew up singing Primary songs but it seems that none of the lyrics have impacted me until now.  I can hardly get through singing time with dry eyes.  The gospel is so clear in the Primary songs.  Any question in life you could have can be answered simply and clearly by listening to these simple tunes.  The most important things I have learned about through primary songs are: Faith, Love and Happiness.  What more do you kids or adults for that matter need to know?  Nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment